Re: apt-get problem

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Jaime Ochoa Malagón wrote:
On 1/14/08, Don Montgomery <donm@methodbydesign.com> wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 05:39:04PM -0600, Don Montgomery wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 11:50:58AM -0600, Don Montgomery wrote:

KDE Control Center lists "Proxy" as "connect to the
Internet directly"

Is there another way to find out what I need to know?

1.- did you install this machine by yourself?

let me explain, the proxy configuration and app (just a guess
anon-proxy see http://packages.debian.org/anon-proxy)

don't appear by himself in your machine...

but if you don't install it then you mustn't remove the package
beacuse could be really well configured...

I did a netinstall a while back. About a month ago, I dist-upgraded to lenny---I guess that was about the time this started.

2.- did you could be able to use any other net tool (e.j. iceweasel)

Yes, iceweasel, konqueror, and galeon all work fine, even now. apt-get worked fine too, until the dist-upgrade.

3.- could you simply reinstall to avoid the problem?

I certainly will, if I cannot find another way to deal with it.

good luck...

Thanks. I really appreciate all the great work that the folks on this list have done for this port.

Don

Thanks, Don

Doug.