Re: Cool and quiet in amd64 box

A Dimecres 22 Octubre 2008, Vasilios Karaklioumis va escriure:
> Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> > A Dimecres 22 Octubre 2008, vàreu escriure:

> >> Check the beta bioses too.Asus motherboards(for an example) are almost
> >> always more stable with a beta one.Can you tell us the motherboard make
> >> / model and revision please?
> >
> > of course,
> >
> > it's a MSI [1]. I have installed the last version of the bios. Activating
> > the cool n quiet I got problems with the clocksource. I have tested hpet,
> > tsc and acpi. I ccan try to test it again if this is the trick and I have
> > missed something.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Leo
> >
> > PS I have make cc to the list because I thought that you missed it, I
> > hope don't offend you.
> >

> > [1]
> > http://www.msicomputer.com/product/detail_spec/product_detail.asp?model=K
> >8T_Neo-FIS2R
>
> no offence mate.Well it's a socket 754.the same happens with windows too
> (complaining about the clock) but it should work.I will investigate it
> further though.make sure all acpi options are enabled in bios.If they
> are then try to disable them.I have seen numerous broken implementations
> of acpi.
> play a bit with its settings.

No success :-(

- I have tested with clocksource=acpi_pm or tsc and no
- I have tested to unstall cpufrequtils and no.

i think that is solution is a combination betwend some kernel modules loaded
at boot time and some configuration. But I remember have enabled the cool n'
quiet and the cpufreq changed ondemand.

Regards,

Leo

PS how can I know which kernel modules do I need?

Linux User 152692
PGP: 0xF944807E
Catalonia