Sound problems

Dear all,

Since Debian testing has changed its kernel from 2.6.24 to 2.6.25 series and now 2.6.26 (amd64, of course) series I lost completely the sound of my system.

The modules are being correctly loaded at the boot process. They are the same that worked with 2.6.24 series. The system doesn't complain regarding nothing. It seems like the the machine got dumb. Of course, I have tested with more than one speaker and headphones. Nothing!

I know that there is not a hardware problem. For example, if I load another distro, like kubuntu (using that option to load only from CD), the sound start to work perfectly. However, I want to have Debian working.

Has any one here that had this problem before? What I must see in the log files (and what log files) in order to get some light to solve this problem?

My sound interface is onboard: ADI 1988B 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC.

Thank you in advance,

Antonio