Re: libmotif3 on amd64 (and rtai/comedi)

A Dimarts 09 Setembre 2008, Frederik Schüler va escriure:
> Hi!
>
> On Tuesday 09 September 2008 09:14:41 Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
> > But I haven't got a clue why libmotif3 is in i386 but not in amd64. An
> > explanation is more than welcome :)
> >
> > I do have a larger problem with the rtai library since the next Debian
> > version of my package comedi will depend on it. Rtai is not supported for
> > amd64 but it compiles perfectly on my amd64 computer. Can anyone explain
> > that? I have asked the package manager but did not get an answer.
>
> Please file bugs against the corresponding packages, and ask the maintainer
> to add amd64 support.

I cannot say anything about libmotif3. But if I do in my amd64 box:
$ apt-cache policy  libmotif3
libmotif3:
  Instal·lat: 2.2.3-4
  Candidat: 2.2.3-4
  Taula de versió:
 *** 2.2.3-4 0
        900 ftp://ftp.de.debian.org lenny/non-free Packages
        200 ftp://ftp.de.debian.org sid/non-free Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

and in my i386 chroot:

$ apt-cache policy  libmotif3
libmotif3:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2.2.3-4
  Version table:
     2.2.3-4 0
        900 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/non-free Packages
        200 http://ftp.de.debian.org sid/non-free Packages

about rtai:

I put a bug [1], and in theory will be package, but I addmitt that I don't
understand what's happening.

Hope this helps.

Leo

Linux User 152692