libmotif3 on amd64

Hello,

I have installed etch onto a FSC Esprimo P5925 without any issues,
however, when trying to run some 32-bit applications, I receive the
known error:

***
Error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.3: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
***

Searching this list, I found the following statement from Gudjon I.
Gudjonsson <gudjon@mc2.chalmers.se>:

**********
You need to compile the package yourself
apt-src install libmotif3
cd libmotif...
fakeroot debian/rules binary
cd ..
su
dpkg -i *motif*.deb

/G

I have never understood why there are packages that are allowed in i386
version of Debian but not in the amd64. But if I remember correctly there was
a long and tiring discussion about it on the mailing list once:)
Anyway libmotif3 would be a welcome addition to the amd64 repository for me
since most of the commercial programs I use make use of it and lesstif2
still crashes on my double processor machine.

1. Is this still valid? The post was from 2006...
2. If it is, where can I get the package source?  When I run "apt-src
install libmotif3", all I receive is
  "E: no such source".

Can anyone help here?

Regards