Re: SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE or TCGETS

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 09:30:49PM +0200, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:

>    The program compiles and runs in 64 bit mode but without any sensible
> output but when I run it in the chroot, I get the following output to
> strace several times and then a segmentation fault.
>
> ioctl(5, SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE or TCGETS, 0xffdb6f38) = -1 ENOTTY
> (Inappropriate ioctl for device)

Depending on what exactly is the application trying to do this can be
harmless or not. What is descriptor 5? If it really is a TTY, then it
may be that the application tries to set options that the Linux terminal
emulator does not support.

As for the segfault, try running the application under valgrind. strace
is hardly the right tool for hunting down segfaults, unless you know the
internals of the application rather well.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences