Re: IPTables allow ping.

--- Ernest ter Kuile <ernestjw@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I haven't checked your rules, but if you have a
> modem/router (dsl or
> other), is configured to allow all icmp ? (just to
> be sure of course)
>
> Ernest

Also, you may want to verify that your kernel is
allowing icmp packets:

root@satellite:/proc/sys/net/ipv4# cat
icmp_echo_ignore_all

If you see the number 1, icmp packets (i.e., ping)
will be ignored. You can change it with this command:

root@satellite:/proc/sys/net/ipv4# echo "0" >
icmp_echo_ignore_all

-- Scott