Re: Custom package with dpkg-deb, apt-get purge deletes folder

Hi

<disclaimer>
I am guessing on this
</disclaimer>

I would guess if you are using /usr/local/bin as the directory the
problem is that apt doesn't see any one else using /usr/local/bin

dpks -S /usr/local/bin

return not found for me, so when you purge apt  does what it is supposed
to.

if you are using .debs why not place the file in /usr/bin, and if there
are alternatives then use the alternatives methods

I guess the {...}/local/{...} is not meant for deb'ed programmes or
libraries.

try dpkg -S /usr/bin

Alex