'apt-get dist-upgrade' tries to install unneeded packages

I don't know if this is amd64-specific, but it's only happening on my
amd64 Sid system, so I'm asking here first.

I have my system fully updated right now. When I run 'apt-get upgrade',
no packages are ready to install or held back because of dependencies.
When I run 'apt-get dist-upgrade', though, I get a list of 73 packages
that are to be installed. I don't want any of them, and I don't know why
apt-get wants to install them.

'aptitude full-upgrade' doesn't have this problem. If all else fails
I'll just switch to aptitude, but I'd rather know what's going on.

I don't have anything non-default in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d.

'apt-get -f install' doesn't try to do anything.

The following is a log of upgrading and the contents of /etc/apt/apt.conf.d.

Thanks,
Corey

bugfood:~# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
bugfood:~# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
  avahi-daemon bash-completion busybox enscript esound-clients exiv2
  gnokii-common hal hal-info initramfs-tools kaddressbook kamera
  kcontrol kdebase-data kdebase-kio-plugins kdeeject
  kdemultimedia-kio-plugins kdepim-kio-plugins kdepim-kresources
  kdeprint kdesktop kfind kghostview kicker kipi-plugins klibc-utils
  kmail konqueror kooka korganizer libavahi-core5 libbluetooth2
  libccid libdaemon0 libexiv2-2 libgnokii3 libgpgme11 libgpod-common
  libgpod3-nogtk libical0 libkcal2b libkcddb1 libkdcraw3 libkdepim1a
  libkexiv2-3 libkleopatra1 libklibc libkmime2 libkpimexchange1
  libkpimidentities1 libkscan1 libksieve0 libktnef1 libmimelib1c2a
  libnss-mdns libpcsclite1 libsgutils1 libsmbios-bin libsmbios1
  libsmbiosxml1 libsplashy1 ocrad pcscd pm-utils pmount poster
  powermgmt-base psutils radeontool sane-utils sg3-utils uswsusp
  vbetool
0 upgraded, 73 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 44.6MB of archives.
After this operation, 131MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.
bugfood:~# cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/*
APT
{
  NeverAutoRemove
  {
        "^linux-image.*";
        "^linux-restricted-modules.*";
  };
};
DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs { "/usr/bin/apt-listchanges --apt || test $? -ne
10"; };
DPkg::Tools::Options::/usr/bin/apt-listchanges::Version "2";
// Pre-configure all packages with debconf before they are installed.
// If you don't like it, comment it out.
DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs {"/usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt || true";};
DPkg::Post-Invoke { "if [ -x /usr/bin/debsums ]; then /usr/bin/debsums
--generate=nocheck -sp /var/cache/apt/archives; fi"; };