Upgrading to lenny

For a NUMA type, raid1 machine, I wish to upgrade from amd64 etch to lenny by just interchanging those names in sources.list. What kind of problems should I be prepared to solve for non-deb, in situ compiled programs, in particular:

OpenMPI 1.2.3 with libnuma.1

ifort 9.1.036

icc 9.1.042

needed for several computational programs?

Also, what should I expect for amd64 in relation to the followin? I have just completed etch to lenny upgrading for a i386 desktop. Everything OK were not for a list of errors (sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned error code 1) included:

exim4-daemon-light
at
exim4
bsd-mailx
mailx

Can't find which program is affected (mail from gnome, ssh, in situ compiled graphic programs, programs driven by wine, all OK).

Thanks

francesco pietra

Be a better friend, newshound, and