Re: sensors

On Monday 28 Apr 2008, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> Hi:
> On the basis of your comments below - and those by Lennart Sorensen - I
> have insisted with Supermicro Europe, also pointing out that with this my
> interest is in number crushing. Thei Superdoctor requires gnome installed
> and running, not the best for my purpose. They have contacted the US
> engineer to (hopefully) get the data needed for sensor.conf. Rewarding,
> especially when I remember the answer by Tyan Europe about a question as to
> the two-sockets S2895 mainboard: they simply said Debian Linux unsupported.

Have you tried hacking this Superdoctor to not need GNOME?

Presumably it has a bunch of functions at its core that do low-level stuff
with the motherboard; if so then all you need to do is chop out everything
but them, and create a new main() with just a hard-coded series of calls to
set up just the parameters you want the way you want them and/or display
statuses on STDOUT.

It's ugly, but if it won't be needed often then it might well do the job.

--
AJS
delta echo bravo six four at earthshod dot co dot uk