Re: youtube

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:28:54AM +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> A J Stiles:
> >
> > Firstly, do NOT install the Debian package of Flash player: it will be
> > installed system-wide in the name of root.
>
> "In the name of root"? What do you mean by that? It's not that the flash
> plugin requires some binary running with UID 0. It's just a library
> (copied using root permissions into a place where every user can see it,
> just like every other package) that's being used by a browser. All the
> code will be run with the privileges of the user running the browser.
>
> > You should NEVER allow software
> > whose Source code you have not inspected to be installed with privileges.
>
> Great idea. In about a year I might have finished reading the patch from
> linux 2.6.24-to linux-2.6.25 (bzipped: 9MB!). When that's done, I'll
> start reading the code of my bootloader and the compilers I am using.
> It's just too bad that everything's obsolete by the time I am finished.
> :)

but fist you have to read the code for less or what ever you are using
to view the code :)

--
"For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it. "

	- George W. Bush
05/14/2001
Philadelphia, PA