can you install nvidia drivers in pure lenny or do you need a testing/unstable mix,,,,

Dear folks,

I have been reading the debian nvidia howto and I noticed the following comment:

Current issues

Testing users: NVIDIA packages are currently not in testing due to lack of maintainance, a Linux bug and X server 1.4's ABI change. Filipus Klutiero plans to update the document when the situation is fixed. In the meantime, packages referred to by this guide will not be available on pure testing systems. It is possible to setup a testing/unstable mix.

I assume that these problems have been fixed and you can install the nvidia packages on pure Lenny (which I am using), provided you follow the instructions in the rest of the howto....

Regards

Michael Fothergill
Welcome to the next generation of Windows Live
http://www.windowslive.co.uk/get-live