Re: new kernel

Am Donnerstag, 20. März 2008 schrieb can comert:
> after i installed the kernel package
> linux-image-2.6.24-1-amd64_2.6.24-4_amd64 and the firmware package
> firmware-iwlwifi_0.10_all my computer's wireless led started to shining
> also on the starting part while omething goes on screen after i boot the
> kernel
> i can read the line intel 4965 detected
> but my iwconfig output is still
> debian:/home/tilki# iwconfig
> lo        no wireless extensions.
> eth0      no wireless extensions.
> how can i configure the
> wireless interface
> my /etc/network/interfaces is like that
>
> # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
> # and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).
> # The loopback network interface
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
> # The primary network interface
> allow-hotplug eth0
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
> auto eth0
>
> Thanks for your help...

Hi can,

check your devicename.

ifconfig -a

should tell you the device. You will not see an IP.
Then edit your /etc/network/interfaces and add this, assuming your device is
shown as ath0 and you will want to use dhcp:

iface ath0 inet dhcp
        wireless_mode Managed
        wireless_essid yourssid
        wireless_key YOURKEYHERE