Re: Java and libpthread.so.0

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 11:23 +0100, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
> Hi
>    I have a problem with java
> /usr/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0:
>
> But both the 32 and 64 bit versions of libpthread exist on my system. I
> found one thread on the internet where they seem to solve the problem with
> LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19
> but this is not possible in Debian, especially not on an amd64.

While the error is somewhat misleading, you'll get a "No such file or
directory" error if you have the wrong version of the libraries, which
is what I suspect is happening in this case. You're either using a
32-bit JVM without the appropriate 32-bit libs installed on a 64-bit
system, or, more likely, you're trying to run a Java application that
uses some specific libraries that was intended to be run on a 32-bit
system.

Try running it in a 32-bit chroot and see if you still have the problem.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837