Re: Unable to hear audio

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Vikram Vincent wrote:

Hello,
In the kernel config, just enable the appropraite options under Alsa PCI devices section, install the new kernel and you should be all set.

  | |    [*] Intel HD Audio | |
  | |    [ ]   Build hwdep interface for HD-audio driver | |
  | |    [ ]   Build Realtek HD-audio codec support | |
  | |    [ ]   Build Analog Device HD-audio codec support | |
  | |    [ ]   Build IDT/Sigmatel HD-audio codec support | |
  | |    [ ]   Build VIA HD-audio codec support | |
  | |    [ ]   Build ATI HDMI HD-audio codec support | |
  | |    [ ]   Build Conexant HD-audio codec support | |
  | |    [ ]   Build C-Media HD-audio codec support | |
  | |    [ ]   Build Silicon Labs 3054 HD-modem codec support | |
  | |    [*]   Enable generic HD-audio codec parser | |
  | |    [ ]   Aggressive power-saving on HD-audio | |
I only found references on how to compile fresh kernel sources but nothing specific to making changes to pre-existing kernels. Is it the same or are there any specific docs I could look at?
Thank you.
Regards,

--
Vikram Vincent