Re: Grub and raid

Hi again
   Thanks for the answers but there seems to be a problem with Grub. The
device map is OK but when installing GRUB it stops with the message
Error reading stage1
I tried to make a boot CDROM. It starts booting the kernel but then the
computer restarts. Has anyone tried the CDROM from grub-rescue-pc?

Is it possible that I have to switch to GRUB2?

Is there any way to boot the machine from a CD and let it switch to the
hard drive automatically as a last solution?

Thanks
Gudjon

PS. Sorry. I have a huge time press on my right now. I could have searched
the internet better for solutions.