Re: Total vs per-cpu memory

Hi Len:
I agree. However, these are no standardized codes. Actually, it is a code in
development that is faced with extreme situations that could not have been in
the mind of the developer. Docking a large molecule onto a protein without bias
is a challenging task, that the program accomplices nicely up to a certain size
of the ligand. I am pushing the program beyond the limits for which it was
devised. That "pushing" in order to tell where the program needs to be revised.
The developer is not putting together known routines, he is inventing the way
to come out.

That said, you are certainly able to answer my question about how RAM is used
by a single cpu in my Tyan (all 8 sets of memory occupied) when the other cpus
are dormant. If not, the only way I can invent is to look at top -i when the
ligand is large but not so large to induce segmentation fault.

Thanks

francesco