Re: chroot64 the chroot32

Rob Andrews a écrit :
On 30-Jan-2008 19:39.40 (GMT), Bonnel Christophe wrote:
In my chroot, i have installed xpdf for pdf files, mplayer, flash, and so on...

May I ask why you use a 32-bit chroot?

Surely evince works just Fine(tm) for viewing PDFs in 64-bit, there's 64-bit
mplayer (no 32-bit DLL support, but it covers most file formats without
needing external codecs), and nspluginwrapper gives flash support to 64-bit
systems.

Because i use wine and flash. I have an etch install. I have tried to use wine 64bit but it gives me error and nspluginwrapper, after many many many different versions, i never can use it fully, a version works on a website but not on another one, the next nspluginwrapper works on the second website but not on the first ...

And i use old hardware that have not been developped for 64bit, so i need 32bit chroot to compile the kernels, root partitions, and so on ... For example, the mvpmc or the dg632.