Re: cups in chroot problem

Seb wrote:
Hi,

I found out that I needed to install cups in the chroot to let
applications in the chroot print to my AMD64 main system.  However, when
installing (or dpkg-reconfiguring) cupsys in the chroot, I get the
message:

---<---------------cut here---------------start-------------->---
# dpkg-reconfigure cupsys
Stopping Common Unix Printing System: cupsd.
Starting Common Unix Printing System: cupsdFATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.23-1-amd64/modules.dep: No such file or directory
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.23-1-amd64/modules.dep: No such file or directory
.

I'm using schroot and this is getting into the chroot with schroot
(after becoming root).  Any tips as to what the problem may be welcome.

You should not need cupsd (the server) in the chroot. And I can tell it works without it, for I had the need to print in my chroot. Just install the client packages (cupsys-client and cupsys-bsd if you need) and it should work without requiring anything else done.

--
"I am ... a woman ... and ... technically a parasitic uterine growth"
		-- Sean Doran the Younger [allegedly]

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin@gmail.com
http://move.to/hpkb