Re: Eth%d keeps incrementing everytime the system boots.

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 09:44:13AM +0530, Vikram Vincent wrote:
> Yes. I think I had something like 80+ MAC addresses. Do you want me to
> reproduce the bug and double check ?

Sure sounds odd.  After all the MAC address is supposed to be fixed.  Do
you have a list of the addresses it has used?  Maybe there is a pattern
to them or something.  It would probably be worth informing the driver
authors to see if it can be fixed since in its current state a lot of
things will be confused (DHCP for example often uses the MAC address to
decide what IP to give you so if it changes every time it will keep
handing out a new IP each time which can be a problem).

It could even indicate your main board is broken which is probably worth
finding out sooner rather than later.