How to shift backwards on nvidia's driver?

Hi,

I'm in the predicament of needing to have OpenGL working on my box,
which already has the latest X updates (this is in Sid).  The
instability issues exists with the driver I have, so I need to back down
to one which doesn't show the problem.  I'm running with the nv server
at the moment.

I have the 100.14.11 driver installed.  Is nvidia-glx the server itself,
or which server component is used with that?

I am uncertain exactly how to do this.  It seems that I would have to
downgrade a lot of files.  Or does the Nvidia legacy driver from their
site work with the current xserver components?

Would it be better/easier to create a fresh base to work from?

Thanks,

Kenward
--
The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I
have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than