Re: Intel Core2Duo (T7400)

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 03:36:15PM +0100, Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> Well, since the mainboard does not even try to load the boot loader, I
> consider that above a pretty OS-independent problem/bug.
> I would think they also put the max load of RAMs (at least for the
> recommended ones) into their mainbords and boot it with anything.

They should yes.  I actually remember working with an IBM desktop once
where IBM said the machine supported up to 512MB ram, while Crucial said
it supported 1GB of ram.  Apparently IBM only documented what they had
actually tested, while the chipset could theoretically support 1GB just
fine (as could the bios).  It did in fact work with 1GB but the docs
were never updated to say it did.