Re: Intel Core2Duo (T7400)

On Tuesday, 6. November 2007 18:58, Jonas Meurer wrote:
> On 06/11/2007 Hartmut Manz wrote:
> > The correct debian port for INTEL Core2Duo is amd64 or i386.
> > If your system has not more than 2 GB of memory installed I would recommend
> > to still use the 32bit Linux (i386), If you have more memory installed use
> > the 64-bit Linux (amd64)
>
> Do you have any reasons for that suggestion? Which disadvantages does
> the amd64 port have on system with up to 2GB of RAM?
I am running debian 64bit on my office PC while I am running 32bit kubuntu on my
home pc. Since both machine are 64bit capable, the only reason is multimedia and
internet.
With a 32bit version it's much simpler to have a full working machine for that purposes
since flash player, acrobat reader or some codecs could be installed without any pain.

Hartmut Manz

> greetings,
>  jonas

          Gott spricht: Siehe, ich will ein Neues schaffen,
          jetzt wächst es auf, erkennt ihr's denn nicht?