Re: Still bugs in Nvidias binary drivers

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 12:20:15 +0100, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:

> Why do I send this Mail to you ?  I know, there is a lot of efforts, to
> get stable packets in Debian, but in this case you (the maintainers)
> will get no chance to get it stable, instead you work directly together
> with Nvidia itself.

Before the flamewar starts: the solution is to either use free drivers
and/or switch to a vendor (i.e. Intel) that provides free drivers for its
range.
There is absolutely nothing the xorg or the Debian developers can do
about this, and they most likely won't even if they could. And, for the
record, I agree with them.

Please note I have an Nvidia card on my desktop, but after the good
experience on my laptop, my next motherboard will be a fully integrated
Intel. Unless AMD comes up with free drivers, but that's another story.

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux User #264449