Re: Installing flash plugin

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 01:00 -0300, Stephen Cormier wrote:
> On May 22, 2007 12:18:04 am José Alburquerque wrote:
> > Hi.  I recently read the "Plugin" thread started on 5/4/07 that explains
> > that in order to use the flash plugin the nspluginwrapper can be used.
> > I was able to install the package because I'm running lenny
> > (amd64/unstable).
> >
> > Would someone be able to tell me where I can get the flash plugin from?
> > I've looked for it and I can't find it.  This is what I'm using as my
> > apt source.list:
> >
> > deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
> > deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
> >
> > deb http://debian-multimedia.dfoell.org unstable main
> > deb-src http://debian-multimedia.dfoell.org unstable main
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> You download the plugin from the Adobe website extract the tarball then copy
> the files (.so and .xpt) to the /usr/lib/plugins/mozilla directory then run
> the nspluginwrapper -i /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so command to
> install it. The file I used was install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz putting
> this into Google should come up with it.
>
> Stephen

Something I was struck by while looking at Googled sites... do I need to
have a 32 bit Iceweasel for this to work?  Or will it function under the
regular one?  (Or am I off my rocker thinking that this is a 64 bit
app? ;-)

Kenward
--
The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I
have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than