Re: Hello from Sweden

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 02:46:53PM -0500, EMNI Pablo Rafael L?pez Mart?nez wrote:
> My cat /proa/cpuinfo says this:
>
> processor	: 0
> vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
> cpu family	: 15
> model		: 4
> model name	:               Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
> stepping	: 3
> cpu MHz		: 3192.279
> cache size	: 2048 KB
> physical id	: 0
> siblings	: 2
> core id		: 0
> cpu cores	: 1
> fpu		: yes
> fpu_exception	: yes
> cpuid level	: 5
> wp		: yes
> flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
> cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall lm
> constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl est cid cx16 xtpr
> bogomips	: 6388.46
> clflush size	: 64
> cache_alignment	: 128
> address sizes	: 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
> power management:
>
> processor	: 1
> vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
> cpu family	: 15
> model		: 4
> model name	:               Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
> stepping	: 3
> cpu MHz		: 3192.279
> cache size	: 2048 KB
> physical id	: 0
> siblings	: 2
> core id		: 0
> cpu cores	: 1
> fpu		: yes
> fpu_exception	: yes
> cpuid level	: 5
> wp		: yes
> flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
> cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall lm
> constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl est cid cx16 xtpr
> bogomips	: 6384.91
> clflush size	: 64
> cache_alignment	: 128
> address sizes	: 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
> power management:
>

> Of course, I do not have two procesors but 1.

So it is a Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz and it does list 'lm' as a feature flag,
which should mean it does 64bit.  The address sizes at the bottom lists
48 bit virtual support, which is certainly part of the 64bit too, so it
should work with the 64bit version.

I am a bit surprised to not see 'nx' in the flags, since I thought almost
all 64bit capable CPUs did that too.

HT is the cause of two CPUs since it pretends to be two CPUs.