Re: maildrop lacking courier-authlib dependency on amd64, still

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 05:15:52PM +0100, Kurt Roeckx wrote:

> > > The version you're using of libtool does not work properly (on amd64).
> > > It's also mixing various versions, and I have to wonder why not more is
> > > broken.
> >
> > Since I don't really have any idea how to libtoolize properly, I think
> > it would be best if you or someone else knowledgeable could patch it.
>
> Here is a patch that works for me.

The upstream author said he applied it in 2.0.4, but when I tried it,
I still get:

dh_shlibdeps -pmaildrop
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: could not find any packages for libcourierauth.so.0
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libcourierauth (soname 0, path libcourierauth.so.0, dependency field Depends)

...and no dependency. :(

The versions of the programs he used for autoreconf were:
* automake/aclocal 1.9.6
* autoconf 2.59
* config.{guess,sub} timestamp='2006-07-02'
* ltmain.sh 1.5.22

Your versions were 1.10, 2.61, ditto, ditto plus Debian revision. I suppose
one of those upgrades is the catch, but which one, automake or autoconf?

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.