Re: unable to install etch on amd

Constantine Kousoulos píše v Út 01. 05. 2007 v 14:53 +0200:

Ya,

> I have a hp nx6125 noteboot that simply refuses to accept etch. I
> have downloaded the first installation cd of etch. After the
> prompt, either i press enter or type "expert", the kernel starts
> booting and then hangs after showing a few lines.

Try booting with kernel option 'noapic', then even with 'noapic
nolapic'; sometimes ACPI is a showstopper, too, then try also 'noacpi
acpi=off' (I'm not sure whether 'acpi=off' or 'noacpi' is correct, but
it won't hurt to use both, one of them should catch it).

As I'm lazy, I'm often using 'noapic nolapic noacpi acpi=off' for
initial install on problematic notebook hardware (till I tweak my
own kernel).

Vit