Re: Problem creating 6TB partition...

On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 19:00 +0200, Stefan Drees wrote:
[...]
> Last time i used EXT3 for an 2TB volume, everythings fine but
> i need to disable the filesystem checks with tune2fs, because it

I do this on all ext3 partitions. Replaying the journal should be enough
after a reboot if nothing especially bad happened (and I consider a
unclean shutdown not "especially bad", just "bad").
And journalling filesysems are here to exactly fix that problem.

> needs too much time for an check :-). I´m not felling really good
> about that, is there a better solution?

Generally, IMHO no. A fsck will cost a lot of time with all filesystems.

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services