Re: Opera and flash

On 30 Mar, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 09:42:56AM -0400, judd@wadsworth.org wrote:
>>      I've been running Opera with the flashplugin in a 32 bit chroot
>> (Debian etch system).  I just tried installing Opera using /lib32
>> instead according to this Ubuntu blog:
>>
>>      http://porg.es/blog/opera-9-on-ubuntu-dapper-with-amd64
>>
>> It works fine, including java.  I'd like to get the flash player
>> working also.  Is it possible to install it in a similar manner, or
>> is there some reason for it to require the chroot environment?
>>
>> The main reason that I tried this is to be able to print from Opera,
>> which currently doesn't print when run in chroot.  I had this trouble
>> once before, and it resolved itself; I never figured out what the
>> problem was.  Running it with /lib32 libs prints just fine.
>
> I would guess a lack of the cupsys-client/cuspsys-bsd packages and
> libraries in the chroot might cause print problems.
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

     They are installed.  It used to print just fine, but at some point
stopped working (probably due to some changes at an upgrade, which I
didn't catch at once). This happened once before, and corrected itself
subsequently.  I never had time to figure out what happened.

-Chris

|   Christopher Judd, Ph. D.                      judd@wadsworth.org   |