Ati Radeon framebuffer on Dell Inspiron 6400

Hello everyone,

Just got Etch running on said machine.  It's very fast and stable but I've got one little problem! Does anyone know if it's possible to get the ATI Radeon Mobility X1400 to work with the kernel Radeon Framebuffer?  I had to use the proprietary fglrx drivers to get X to work properly on this laptop so I'm thinking maybe not.  The laptop has got a widescreen (1280x800) display.  Are there any options I can pass to the kernel to enable the framebuffer?

thanks in advance,

Ananda