Re: Tyam m-board/ram/bios/amd64

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 01:16:25AM -0700, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> ---1st question: is any comparison for amd64 between
> Kingston KVR400D4R3A/2GB
> and
> Corsair CM75SDS2048RPL-3200/2GB ?
> For the latter, easily available here and said by
> Corsair compatible with the above mainboard, I was
> unable to find volatage and W, which are 2.6V/11W for
> the Kingston modules.

I have a close approximation of the above in 1 machine (I think the
above Kingston and the 1Gb 2700 version from Corsair), 4 corsair on 1
node and 2 kingston on the other. The kernel doesn't really care, the
only difference I can see is that according to numastat the
interleave_hit on the 2nd node is a little lower (3647 vs 3624).

> ---2nd question: I had no troubles with the above
> system and therefore never upgraded the bios. Should I
> do that, where to get the appropriate bios upgrade,
> from Phoenix or Tyan?

Tyan, the only problem I had with the last update for my board was that
it didn't fit on my usb thumbdrive in floppy emulation mode. But if it
ain't broke, dont' fix it (IMHO).

--

 When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

   Daniel Tryba