Re: "hda : lost interrupt." Why do I get this?

Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:
Hi Somewhere I heard that you get this message if you connect the hard drive to the middle of the cable, leaving the end floating. The electric wave may become reflected in that way. Always connect the ends of the cables. Please try to reconnect it if this is the case.

That may or may not be. A drive failure (hardware) can also result in this error. I have seen it on a laptop (intermittent, possibly heat related) and on a CD-ROM drive (which turned out to have been on its last legs.)

Check cabling, and/or try swapping the drive are reasonable troubleshooting.

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." -- Anonymous