Re: which kernel to use on 64 bit hardware and 32 bit userland ?

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 10:14:08AM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> I have had no problems compiling the nvidia module.  module-assistant
> works exactly the same on i386 and amd64 and gives exactly the same
> result.

I have seen problems, but those were caused by running the kernel that came
with Etch, on a machine that I had since upgraded to Lenny. The kernel was
compiled with a different compiler than what I had on the box, and nvidia
would not compile. Fair enough.

(I could not use the 2.6.22 kernel, because it had a problem with KDE's fish
protocol handler, which I need. When 2.6.23 comes out on Lenny, I will try
again)

-Heikki

--
Heikki Levanto   "In Murphy We Turst"     heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk