Re: System crash caused by the powernow-k8 kernel module

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 01:28:45 -0600
"Jaime Ochoa Malagón" <chptma@gmail.com> wrote:

> First of all...
>
> update your BIOS...

I've already updated the BIOS to the latest available. I have an ASUS
M2A-VM HDMI mainboard [1] and when I checked last week the latest BIOS
revision was 1501 but now I see a 1601 beta [2].

> Y just change my old amd atlon 3500 for an opteron 175 and my system
> crash just in the clock change until the BIOS update...
>
> check the compatibility cpu/mother board/BIOS

Do you know how can I check the compatibility?

Thanks for your response.

[1]http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=496&l4=0&model=1585&modelmenu=1
[2]http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=M2A-VM%20HDMI