Re: rescue bootable cd ???

On 09/28/07 05:26:27PM -0500, helices wrote:
> What do you do?

The last few times I need to rescue something I used an Ubuntu disc that I had
laying around, it doesn't include LVM but it uses a copy-on-write unionfs so
that you can install packages onto the running LiveCD. Of course they're lost
on reboot, but with a fast Internet connection that doesn't really matter.

I would be surprised if Knoppix didn't already have similar functionality.

Jim.