Re: Searchin for a package

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 10:57:03AM +0200, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> I am am looking for the package, which is containing these two files:
>
> /etc/auto.master
> /etc/auto.misc
>
> I need them in original state, as I misconfigured them.
>
> Maybe the developer himself is reading my mail....

If the files are owned by a package (I suspect not) then you can do
dpkg -S /path/filename

Otherwise they were probably created by the postinst script, so look for
it using
grep -l /path/filename /var/lib/dpkg/info/*postinst
or
grep -l filename /var/lib/dpkg/info/*postinst

I would guess the package is autofs, and it keeps the original files in
/usr/share/autofs/conffiles in case you want them, and uses the postinst
script to copy them to /etc if they don't already exist.