Re: compiling 32-bit binaries: chroot ia32-libs libc6-dev-i386 cross-compiling /usr/bin/ld libc.so

"Frankie Y. Liu" <frankie.y.liu@gmail.com> writes:

>> At that point it is way easier to create a new ia32-libs-something[-dev]
>> package that converts the libs you need to use
>> /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib. You can use ia32-libs as template and
>> probably just have to adjust the package list and depend on ia32-libs.
>
> Is there a howto page or link you might be aware of that goes through
> the process of creating such packages?  In particular, how to take an
> existing package as template and build up from that.
>
> Thanks again.

Not that I am aware. But it is quite simple. I'm using ia32-libs-gtk
as example as it is simpler. ia32-libs itself has some core lib stuff
for ia64 mixed in that complicates the package.

apt-get source ia32-libs-gtk
mv ia32-libs-gtk* ia32-libs-my-lib-1.0
cd ia32-libs-my-lib-1.0
$EDITOR debian/control debian/changelog  <-- rename the pakage
$EDITOR fetch-and-build.sh               <-- list of debs
$EDITOR debian/rules                     <-- adjust install target

After that you just have to look at the result and see if everything
works. If something is amiss then you fix the install target to make
it right.

MfG
        Goswin