flash for amd64 [FAILED and SOLVED]

Hello,

Restarting my own thread.

Since nspluginwrapper can't be backported from Sid/Lenny to Etch, I've
gone ahead and installed an etch-ia32 chroot on my etch-amd64 Athlon
box.

I'm running Konqueror and needing to access some sites that require
flashplayer.

In the chroot, I installed the same konqueror packages and
nspluginwrapper.  I installed the flashplayer-nonfree.

Flashplayer non-free downloaded the flash player but didn't actually put
it into its /usr/lib/flashplayer-nonfree directory so that the symlinks
that it places in e.g. /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ are left dangling.

I removed and reinstalled (still had the debs in the cache) and this
time gave it the name of the tarball that I had already downloaded (same
version) and this time it placed the files correctly.

I tried http://www.thenorthface.com/ca/ but it still didn't work.

Then I remembered that I also had libflash-mozplugin installed.  It was
taking precedence but wasn't actually able to display the page.  Purged
that package and now it works.

To complete the trial, I manually copied the flashplayer-nonfree and
symlinks from /srv/chroot/etch-ia32/usr/lib into the /usr/lib to see if
the amd64 Konqueror would be able to do anything with the plugins in the
presence of the ia32-libs packages.

I purged the ia32-libs since I have a full ia-32 chroot to play with
now.

So this is in a way a [FAILED] report in that to view flash sites I had to
install a chroot that takes up 491 MB (I put /srv on its own LV) instead
of a simple wrapper package that work for sid.  However, at the end of
the day, it is a [SOLVED] report in that I can view flash sites.

Note, however, that while I can view thenorthface.com, the adobe test
page thats supposed to verify that your flashplayer is working, doesn't
work.  Oh well.

Thanks again to all of you who helped me work through this.

Doug.