Re: mounting disks

Am Donnerstag 12 Juli 2007 schrieb Cavan Mejias:
>                     Hi everybody,
>               Does anyone know what changes i need to make to fstab to have
> my 14 GB fat32 partition and my 40 GB WindowsNTFS partition mount
> automatically at boot? Disks, in administration, lists the 1st as /dev/sda7
> and the 2nd as /dev/sda2? pmount doesn't give any visible effect. Thanks in
> advance
>
>                        Cavan

There might be an error in your fstab. Just check, if ntfs-modules are in the
kernel and the type is ntfs in fstab.

Means:

Device 	         mountpoint    filesystem   directive

/dev/sde1       /media/card    ntfs    users,auto        0       0
/dev/sda2       /mnt	   vfat    users,auto        0       0

In the 4th field is decided, how to behave with the device. Should be auto or
default. Just take a look into the man pages.

Good luck !

Hans