Re: Toshiba Core 2 Duo

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 23:16:53 +0200,
Gilles Mocellin <gilles.mocellin@free.fr> wrote:

[...]

> Yes, this is the right architecture. Don't choose ia64 which is for
> Itanium.

> But, i386 will also work.  Be aware that not all programs are ported to
> a 64bits environment.  The most known of them is non-free : flashplayer.
> There is ways to make it work by the way, but not straight.

Merci Gilles, in that case I'll stick with the amd64 for the laptop, given
that I'm quite happy with it on my current desktop.  I look forward to the
day I can wipe the non-free flashplayer out of my chroot once Gnash gets
better, but so far all it gives me in Konqueror is a blank rectangle where
the output should appear.

A+,

--
Seb