Re: 32-bit vs AMD64 on Opteron for LAMP server

michael@estone.ca wrote:
Etch has full SW raid support right out of the install. No messing with kernels.

I didn't see anything about this in the recent home install I did... and I was specifically paying attention to look out for it, since I had just bought two identical 320 GB WD drives to replace the one that had just died. I wanted to build a system that would allow me to have a disk die without having to rebuild everything from scratch again. But I saw nothing in the install process that mentioned an option for software RAID... obviously I missed a beat somewhere!

Thanks again,

/Neil