Re: stuck in initramfs mode, can't mount disk

OK.  I found the solution and thought I'd post it.
I fired this out there because I was running short on time.

The solution is here. http://help.lockergnome.com/linux/Installing- Debian-Dell-2950-ftopict284011.html

Basically, it's editing the grub menu to get it booted, then editing some files. Everything was set to sdb instead of sda.