intel 920 D running debian etch amd64

I have a ASUS P5LD2-V motherboard with Intel 920 D running debian etch amd64 all works fine with installation and installation of programs.

But when i shutdown or reboot I get kernel panic or it just hangs and in 1 of 40 reboots it actually manage to reboot.
<0>Kernel panic - not syncing: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
kernel is 2.6.18-4-amd64

I have tried all diffrent settings in BIOS with ACPI on/off and removed all controllercards, disks and cd-rom. The system is on a single 80GB sata disk attached to the motherboard direct.

//Elias