Re: xscreensaver causes random hangs (nvidia)

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 09:35, avishai wrote:
> hello all,
> i'm posting here since i got a feeling the problem is related to the
> my amd64 setup rather than xscreensaver itself. the problem is, like
> the title suggets, is that xscreensaver hangs randomly (but
> frequently), most of the times to the point where i have to restart
> the computer. it may be mentioned that during the normal runs of the
> screensavers, i notice hiccups or glitches in the graphics - the
> animation freezes for a fraction of a second and then resumes. anyone
> can confirm or (preferably) has a way to solve, other than not using
> xscreensaver?

Try running the free "nv" driver.  I've never bothered with the non-free one.
I fail to see how refusing users access to the Source Code of the software
running on their own machines can be interpreted as anything other than a
gesture of utter contempt.

--
AJS
delta echo bravo six four at earthshod dot co dot uk