Re: Sys will boot from floppy but not from HD

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 06:01:28PM -0600, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:
> I have an old problem that I now wish to fix since I have just upgraded
> my file server.  I can boot the server from a floppy but when I try to
> boot directly from the Hard Drive all I get is 01 01 01 01 ...
[snip]
> What should I try next?

Dump that PITA lilo and install a more intelligent bootloader.

You could first try to reinitialize the mbr with somehting like:
install-mbr -r -k -p 1 /dev/hda

--

 When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

   Daniel Tryba