Re: maildrop lacking courier-authlib dependency on amd64, still

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 12:09:03AM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:

> Can someone please suggest a proper solution to #395529?
> What happened there, really? Why is the package not getting built properly
> on amd64 only?

> % cd debian/pool/main/m/maildrop
> % for i in maildrop_2.0.2-11_*.deb; do dpkg -I $i | grep Depends | grep -q courier-authlib || echo $i; done
> maildrop_2.0.2-11_amd64.deb
> % for i in maildrop_2.0.3-1_*.deb; do dpkg -I $i | grep Depends | grep -q courier-authlib || echo $i; done
> maildrop_2.0.3-1_amd64.deb

Well, since the amd64 binary was autobuilt, we have a build log we can
compare with:

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=maildrop;ver=2.0.2-11;arch=amd64;stamp=1160374704

The lib dep is brought in by courier-authlib-dev, a correct build-dep of the
package.  At the time of the build, 0.58-4 was the current version of
courier-authlib on amd64, which is still the current version in testing.

The build log shows that in spite of courier-authlib 0.58-4 being installed,
shlibs for libcourierauth.so.0 couldn't be found:

 dh_shlibdeps -pmaildrop
 dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: could not find any packages for libcourierauth.so.0
 dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libcourierauth (soname 0, path libcourierauth.so.0, dependency field Depends)

But unpacking this version of courier-authlib shows that it *does* contain
correct shlibs:

 <snip>
 libcourierauth 0 courier-authlib

So the only available explanations I see are either a buildd error, or a
dpkg bug.  Either way, a binNMU should be sufficient to address the problem,
so I've scheduled one.

Cheers,