Re: Re: wine amb64, ia32 chroot and nvidia drivers...

> I have nvidia drivers from nvidia.com and both 64bit drivers and /emul/...
> 32bit drivers are the same version. the problem is that wine is beeing
> linked against chroot libraries instead of /emul/... 32bit libraries.

Is there any reason that you aren't using the Debian packaged drivers?  The
new version (9746) is in experimental.  The ia32-libs package includes the
mesa GL drivers, which the nvidia-glx-ia32 package diverts in favour of its
own drivers.  If you don't have the drivers diverted manually then it could
be causing wine to look elsewhere for the GL driver.

Additionally I would like you to try commenting on the chroot entries from
you /etc/ld.so.cong (don't forget to run ldconfig).  This way wine wont be
able to look in your chroot for the nvidia driver.  Right now it has that
option.

> I can, of course, install newer drivers on my i386 Debian but that would
> solve the problem only partially - I would have to install new drivers on
> i386 everytime i install them on amb64.

That's true, and it would work.  This is just a case of getting wine (and
ld) to find the right drivers in the right place.

James