Printing and Scanning only possible as root

Hello all,

there is a slight problem, which is also in debian-amd as in debian-32bit.

The problem is: Scanning and printing (with cups) is only possible as root.

I suppose, it is a problem with the the access rights, and something has tio
be adjusted. Someone wrote about, that newer kernels do not allow normal
users to access some /proc or /dev (I do not remember exactly).

Can someone tell, what I habe to adjust ? Or maybe, if this is normal ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Hans